I refuse to get deployed again!
It seems anytime I get deployed, an entertainer I greatly admire dies.
I just found out that Dave Allen died yesterday. Dave was an Irish/British comedian. I grew up watching him in syndication in the states back in the late 70s and early 80s, I thought he was absolutely brilliant. I had to sneak downstairs at 11:30 at night to watch him, and it was worth the risk of getting caught and yelled at. He wasn't crude, didn't curse or anything, he had an interesting eclectic way of taking ordinary situations, and making them drop-dead, laugh your *ss off funny. Unfortunately, the BBC hasn't released much of his material on video or DVD, although I do have everything that has been released. I have been part of a letter writing campaign to the BBC to get all of his work released for three-years now, and maybe this will be the impetous needed.
Here's to you Dave.
Thank you, good night, and may your God, or gods, go with you.
Myron

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home