Khyber Pass Dispatches

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Let's try this again!

OK, I posted this yesterday, but it didn't take for some reason. So here we go...

Its Christmas time!!!

Not actually, but it felt like it yesterday. I got presents!!

Actually I got some stuff from supply here, part of a gear issue that I am a part of. And I don't have to give any of it back.

I got a headlamp, two brown whicking t-shirts (that are supposed to whick sweat moisture away from your body), a camel-back cleaning kit, (and yes, I do have a camel-back to clean), a pad alteration kit that is supposed to make my helmet more comfortable, and a pair of Whiley M-frame sunglasses, with clear, yellow and sunglass lenses. Not that I can wear them and actually see, but if I get the white cane and labrador, I can look like a really cool blind guy.

Have been reading Jason's journal with interest. He mentions the birds at his place, we have the same here. Pigeons mostly, but there are some thrushes as well, and other unidentifiable birds. Saw one do a hummingbird type feat a few weeks back. It was flapping its wings and managing to stay in a hover, but it was much bigger than a hummingbird, so I don't know what it was.

Take care of yourselves and each other.

Myron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home