Khyber Pass Dispatches

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Hah

Hi everyone. Well, if luck and planning holds, in 13 weeks I will be back in the green and pleasant land. I do not intend on applying for a Purple Heart, those are only issued from wounds resulting from enemy action. As there were none in the near vicinity of the air conditioner, and the air conditioner was made in the US, I can't get away with it.

Went to the range yesterday, shot my gun (about 100 rounds) till the barrel literally smoked (the barrel, not the muzzle). Not the normal shooting stuff either, but shooting on the move, shooting different targets (double tap, next target, double tap), turning and shooting. The guy running us (my immediate boss) thought I shot well. Need to practice dry firing though, as its mostly muscle memory. Need to clean my gun now, as its dirty. I also got to shoot .45 automatic and and AK (Viv now has a picture of my doing that...I hope).

Still haven't heard anything further on extensions, so no news is good news at the moment.

Anyway, take care of yourselves and each other. Love to all.

Myron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home