Khyber Pass Dispatches

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Another Sunday...

Its Sunday again. Got to have a video teleconference with Viv last Friday. It was good to see her. Strange because, while I've spoken to her, not seeing her has made me forget mannerisms.
I hope the flight was ok for everyone. Trans-Atlantic travel can be so hard.

I got an e-mail yesterday from the JAC Major who is taking care of the guys here in Baghdad. It was a forwarded Sitrep from the director of Operations back at the JAC. CENTCOM has requested extensions and a second iteration from the joint commands. Considering what happened with the Qatari crew (us showing up and them not having a job for us, so they shoved us wherever they could), I'm not sure what Gen Jones is going to do. Homebase is aware of the situation, so we shall see what comes of it. Unfortunately, due to my not leaving the JAC until 2006 makes me a prime candidate to be extended or sent out again. But, it ain't over till its over. Fingers crossed Gen Jones is so pissed at CENTCOM for lying to him, that he either reduces our commitment, or eliminates it.

Anyway, I'd better go. Love you guys. Take care.

Myron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home