Khyber Pass Dispatches

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Need emergency assistance

Morning everyone. The new guys coming in have forgotten something that is needed. They are running on laptops, but they forgot to bring mice with them, which means we are running using the touchpad, which is a bit finagly if you are doing anything precise (like cutting and pasting). So if I could beg a favour from Mom and Dad, if you guys go someplace (like Walmart), can you pick up a couple of USB mice (not serial). Make sure you can just plug them in without any software being added. If you can find one, I've seen one guy who had one with a retractable lead. That would be nice for my personal use, but don't go hunting for it, as getting the mice is more important. Also, if in searching for these you come across something called a thumb drive (plugs in the USB port and acts like an external storage device, I could do with one of those (would enable me to use my laptop to write you all, then I could easily download it to the internet computers). I think you can get a 256 MB one for around $50 (or so I've been told). I'm sure Viv will re-imburse you when she gets there.

Anyway, I have to go. I actually got a shower yesterday. We are on rationed water, but we have water. We also have food in the palace again, so I'm going to get breakfast. It has turned cold here, I was freezing in the office yesterday.

The new guys are mostly here, I belong to them now, but they are treating me nice. I have my own Army E-4 to use and abuse now (I'm the day shift NCOIC), so its nice.

Lots of sympathy for Viv, she has ear and chest infections and is feeling really crap. Lets all give her big virtual hugs!!!

Breakfast beckons......

Myron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home