Khyber Pass Dispatches

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Happy Birthday to me...Part II

Hi everyone. I got two birthday presents yesterday and one today.

Viv had dispatched a pillow and blankets for me, along with a bunch of cards, and I got them yesterday. Also got a card from David. Thanks to all who sent the cards, they brightened up my day (as well as my bed!!).

The second present was a big suprise. Seems someone told the Iraqis it was my birthday, becasue they decided to have a fireworks display (or at least one rocket). No casualties though.

The final present was I got a visit from Major Larson today. He is the platoon leader who is in charge of all us JAC people who were supposed to be in Qatar, and are now scattered all over the place. I have his e-mail and phone number now. He also told me that there was talk of keeping unidentified people on this TDY (don't jump to conclusions, not specifically me) for an additional six months. Now, considering we have 60+ people out ther, and he wasn't sure who CENTCOM was talking about, I'm not getting spun up until it happens. We always knew those in charge wanted us to stay a year (at least on the EUCOM side), so its not like its a suprise. Just keep fingers crossed that I'm not one of them.

On the plus side, if I do have to stay, I should get a couple of weeks R&R, and I will probably have Mr. Jacquard (my boss at the JAC) fighting like hell to keep me at the JAC and in the office.

Anyway, I've got to get back to work.

Myron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home