Hat...what hat?
Hi all. In response to Mum's question, what hat?
Seriously, the guys here don't play by those sort of rules. The only time I wear a hat is if we are increased uniform level (which means we have our protective kit on), or if I go over to Slayer or Victory (where they play regular Army rules). I have picked up so many bad habits here, its going to be tough when I get back. Like I walk around with my hands in my pockets all the time, which is now a big no-no in the Air Force now (just before I left, they made a uniform change which says that we can't put our hands in our pockets...makes me wonder what pockets are for). But I do it here, everyone does it here. Same thing with the hat, no one wears one. And our little keyfob flashlights (like Viv has on hers). We wear them in the top button on our blouses, so we have light when we go outside (it gets dark here). That is a big no-no in the real world as well.
Yesterday was incredibly rough. Our shared server went down, and they were saying it was a 50/50 chance they would be able to recover it. All of our work was on it, including an Access database with over 14,000 entries in it. Luckily, they recovered it, but for awhile, we were incredibly stressed. And these idiots don't do backups on tape! Needless to say, I couldn't get much work done.
Got a package from the JAC yesterday, with a lovely black fleece jacket in it. Yet another thing I have to turn back in when I get back, but it will keep me warm when it is cold out. Also, its another thing for me to get used to wearing a certain way, which will be a big no-no back in the world.
Anyway, take care of yourselves and each other.
Myron

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home