Khyber Pass Dispatches

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Hi everybody

Spoke with Viv last night, she apologizes for not posting recently, but she has a really nasty cold combined with a possible chest infection, so is feeling very much under the weather. She needs a big hug at the moment, and I can't give it to her except virtually (VERY frustrating). The doctor's is inundated with sick people at the moment, so there is no guarantee that she can get in to see them, either.

On a more positive note, two things happened yesterday. My award package got put in for being here (yay, finally someone is going to give me a medal!). I was pleasantly suprised the guys here put me in, especially considering the way my own unit treated us during the actual war (busted our butts, and nobody got a thing other than a pretty certificate).

The other thing is that we are going to get 4 days of R&R leave in February. I am trying to wrangle it so that I can take mine in Germany after snowdrops, so Viv can fly out. Alot of pieces have to fall just right for this to happen, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but if I can work it, it'll be great.

Anyway, that's about it for now. Take care of yourselves and each other.

Myron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home