Answer to questions and update
Hi all! Just a chance to clarify things. We have a seperate compound that's on the base, we just have to travel a bit to get places. Its not like we have to get armed and armoured to go out (although we do in case we get mortared). Slim to none chance of getting shot at (again, except for mortars). Our workplace and living conditions are surrounded by big concrete blocks, so we are really as safe as we can get (probably safer than LA and New York).
Electricity is plentful, although European two prong standard. If Viv can find one, a small lamp with a clip would be nice, as the light controls are on the far side of my room (and it get dark!!).
As for care packages, Pop tarts (cinnamon N Brown Sugar, frosted and unfrosted cherry and blueberry, and strawberry). Special K bars as well. Quaker Oats granola bars in chocolate chunk or peanut butter. If I'm going to nights and missing dinner (I don't start till 8 at night, and chow closes before then) then I will need packaged food. I also wouldn't mind crisps/chips (pringles types would be good).
Other than that, so far its been tiring but interesting. I'm taking care of myself, take care of you and each other. Say hi to everyone for me.
Myron

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home