Khyber Pass Dispatches

Monday, October 18, 2004

The next stage of a very long journey

I spoke to Roni earlier today and he should be leaving in the very early hours of tomorrow for the airport. Once there as I understand it it's a waiting game to see if there's enough space on the flight . He is hoping to be able to give us an address sometime soon as he has already asked me for a care package, apparently I did to good of a job packing and he can't find alot of his underware. ( I put them inside a pair of boots which he has now left in the one bag he isn't taking, the bag is now in a secure room so he can't get to them) .
I went up to Molesworth today and checked mail it's amazing how quickly it mounts up. While I was there I noticed that they have tied a yellow ribbon for each of the deployed members on one of the fences that brought a tear to my eye.
Molly is recovering well from her operation and is missing her dad ever time we speak on the phone Molly licks the phone to try and get to him. How do you explain to a dog that it's his job.

John: I love you very much and miss you like crazy make sure you take care of yourself. All my love Viv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home