Happy (belated) birthday
Many apologies! For some reason, I thought it was later in the month. Mea culpas! I did remember it, or rather, that we were near it, as I asked Viv last night about whether she had gotten a present for you, and she told me it had been sorted out. Again, apologies!
Yet another twist in the going home saga. Last week, one of the JAC crew popped through here going from point a to b. While talking to him, I found out that there is a rumour of a list with all of us on it, and what positions/jobs we are going back to when we get home. Supposedly, the Afghani crowd had a copy of the list, but not us.
Yesterday, I got an e-mail with a forwarded answer to a question one of the guys up north had posed back to the JAC. The JACs answer contained intimations that such a list did exist, and that alot of us were going back to new jobs. So I shot back an e-mail asking the question about the list. Interestingly, last week I had talked to my office about this topic, and they were unaware of the list (including the boss), although that's not saying much, as communication back there is normally bad, anyway.
So I have no idea what I am going back to at the moment.
Oh, and today is day 119 of my arduous journey. Tomorrow is 60 days and counting!!!!
Myron

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home